|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Button Mushrooms quartered
- 3 slices Carrots peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick(about 2 cups)
- 1 leek coarsely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 2 stalks green onion thinly sliced for garnish
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Place flour in a large Ziplock plastic bag; add chicken to bag. Seal bag and toss to coat with flour. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Remove chicken from bag, reserving flour in bag. Shake excess flour mixture from chicken, and place in skillet. Cook chicken until deep golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to hot drippings in skillet; cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add carrots and leek; cook about 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add vegetable stock and white wine vinegar; cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens slightly, about 6 minutes. Stir in cream and season with more salt and pepper; add chicken, nestling chicken into sauce mixture.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until sauce has thickened slightly, and chicken is almost cooked through, about 15 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with asparagus. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken, vegetables, and sauce over hot cooked noodles, and garnish with green onion.