|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced jarred pimientos drained and chopped
- 1 Tomato peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups Rice preferably medium grain such as arborio
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2- pound asparagus tough ends snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 6 1/2-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and sliced
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the pimientos, tomato, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, turmeric, and rice. Add the vegetable broth, water, and parsley and bring to a boil. Continue cooking over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus, peas, artichokes, and beans. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.